Monday, December 12, 2005

A weekend trip to Cameron Highland

Last Thursday night, I packed few clothes, bundled my sisters inside my car and off we headed to Cameron Highland. Taking the North South Highway from Penang, the night driving took me about 2 hours. Not too bad….The traffic was good.

By the time we reached Ipoh, it was already 9.30pm so we’d decided to overnight in Ipoh. As a budget conscious traveler, our obvious choice would be a cheap motel that can provide us with basic necessities. Easy parking space would be an added advantage to us. We ended in Faremount Hotel for about RM70/night. The motel was very basic but the cleanliness was quite disappointing. I’d prefer if the toilet is cleaner but since I’m too tired, I couldn’t; complain much.

We left for Cameron Highland at about 8.30 am the next morning and took the Simpang Pulai exit for a scenic and pleasurable drive. The drive up took me about 1 hour and the scenery is breathking. We stay for two nights in Jasmine Hotel in Brinchang at a rate of RM85/night. This hotel is quite ok except that it doesn’t provide fresh towel. It’s lucky that we brought our own.

We went to few places such as the Rose Valley, Butterfly Farm, and the Strawberry Farm.
The cute cacti always capture our attention whenever we stop at the market. I ended up buying about ten of them.

The fresh strawberry lollies were so nice. At about RM1 to RM1.50 per piece, the lollies were one of the sought after items for us. We ate lots of them. I love the dried strawberries as well. It made a good goodies to give to others back home.

The night market was packed with hawkers and also tourist. Lots of stuffs are available here such as souvenirs, strawberries, cacti, fresh veggies and fruits, and honey. Not too mentioned food and we tried the Kimchan and Oyster Mushroom Deep Fried in Butter. It was so nice we bought lots of them to eat in the hotel.

We left Cameron Highland on Sunday morning with heavy hearts. We’d made plan to come again in the future. Maybe I’ll venture further to explore the famous Mount Brinchang or going for other nature trip that we missed this time.

No comments: