Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love my food...

Last Friday’s dinner was awful. A plate of ‘fried rice’ and ‘daging masak merah’ from the food court in Tesco Extra really make me feel sad. The so called ‘fried rice’ looks pretty much like plain rice fried in ketchup with only two pieces of peas. No other veggies or even onion in sight! Can you believe it? The ‘daging masak merah’ doesn’t really have taste and the sauce was really runny.. and both of them costed me RM4.90. I still finished them, because it I’d feel very bad if I throw it. Think about others that do not have food, and here I am complaining about meal. Anyway, I just sulk and eat it.



You see, I really love my food. I cannot stand substandard food. I strongly believe that it food is a gift and they are abundance. Food is something that should be respected and enjoyed. That’s why I feel miserable when my meal was not up to the standard. The stall claims that they are selling “Hot Thai Food”. The cooks are Bangladeshi men which I doubt the owner trained properly in cooking Thai food. I have nothing against them but I feel cheated. In my opinion, they should at least know how to cook fried rice. Higher raw material price is not an excuse to reduce the status of ‘fried rice’ to just ‘rice fried in ketchup with two peas’. At least do your customer a favor and put some onion and garlic and some veggies. Do you think I will go back to this stall? No way!


What do you think I’d do the next day? You bet it! I went to Tesco and bought some meat, kailan, some beef lung and fish. I rarely came across kailan and fresh fish in Tesco. I believed my desire to have them was so strong that God answer it and there they were.. I was so happy and bought some for next week stock as well. I treated myself to a hearty lunch to compensate for what my previous dinner was lacking.


I made ‘kailan ikan masin’, my own version of ‘daging masak merah’ with lots of red onion, fried fish, and crispy beef lung with some mean ‘sambal belacan’. I compliment it with ice lemon tea… Ohmmmppppphhh.. What a great lunch.




No comments: