Sunday, November 27, 2005

Have some Mee Siam


One of the great joys of homecooking is I get to experiment with varieties of ingredients readily available in our supermarket shelves. I love to try out new recipes that I came across when browsing the net. Saturday lunch was no exception. Aiming with the list of ingredients to make Mee Siam, my sister and I went through Tesco’s shelves to buy santan, cucumber, lemongrass, bunga kantan, red chillies and fresh prawn for the dish.

We took our time making the gravy that have a terracotta-like color due to a mixture of chillies, santan and the salted soya bean (taucheo).

I topped the Mee Siam with some shredded chicken, prawn, squids, fried shallots, boiled egg, cucumber and some other condiments. The gravy has some tanginess to it due to the tamarind and some calamansi lime that we added in. I quite like the overall taste of the dish as I think the flavour mixed really well… What a moorish dish for a lazy Saturday lunch.

No comments: