Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sushi attack!!!!

I love sushi... One exotic thing that was introduced by my friend, Aida. She successfully converts me to Jap Food enthusiast. I tried my hand on making a few futomakis today - well, it is cheaper this way than eating in the sushi bar. I have lost of fillings, range from tuna and mayo, mexican mango, bell paper and eggs.

Since now I'm in Santa Rosa for two months, I don't have all my sushi kits here. So, I have to buy most of them at the nearby Asian Market including the bamboo mat. They have pretty good collection for the Japanese food section. You can get the mat, seaweed, vinaigrette powder, wasabi and those cute mochi balls. I just use normal rice as I cannot find the short grain sushi rice. It still taste ok - maybe not as good as the one in the shop but it is handmade.....

Tony promise to bring me to a Japanese restaurant in Santa Rosa. He cancelled it last time because something comes up - but hey, we can go later. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my sushi.

No comments: