Sunday, August 27, 2006

Kak Chik’s graduation

Sunday, 27th August is K Chik’s graduation day for her civil engineering degree. Mama and abah are joining her on her big day. Me? I’ll wait for her Master’s graduation. I’d promised her to go for that one. I hope she does not mind me for not attending her grad. Well, I celebrated my graduation in Bristol without my family.

It was Suria and some postgraduate friends that attended mine. Can you imagine how sad I felt at that time? But then it is not fair for me to ask my parent to come as the whole trip to UK was expensive. I still feel sad thinking about it and I remember longing to see my parent to be among the crowd watching me receiving my scroll. At that time, only me and Suria were the Muslim girl graduating in Electrical and Electronic Department and all eyes are on us because we are different. With our headscarves and graduating gown, we put our head up even though deep inside both of us are sad as our parent cannot make it. It still hurt and I’ll remember that day…..

No comments: