Monday, September 25, 2006

Ramadhan is here

This year I’ve got the chance to observed Ramadhan in Malaysia. For the past two years, I was in US for either the whole Ramadhan month or half of it. So, I’m really happy this year. I couldn’t ask for more. The thought of carrying out one of the Five Pillars of Islam in my own country really excites me.

On the first day, I have watermelon juice with kebab and some rice. Yesterday, I went to buy Pasembor , popiah and … watermelon juice … again. Yeah I love it so much especially during the fasting season. Having said that, I couldn’t be bothered to blend my own. So I’ll allocate RM2 every day for this juice. For today’s menu, I haven’t got a clue. Wait until slightly later and all the idea will come pouring.

This month is not all about food. It is also a month to devote ourselves to Allah and carried out extra stuffs for his blessing. I’ve been doing Terawih and reciting AlQuran and I’m aiming to complete it early this year.

I hope that the Lebanon people will have something for their breaking fast. I should always be thankful for all the blessing and goodness that I receive. There are others out there that are suffering. How I wish I have the magic wand to stop it and welcome them to Ramadhan with delight.

No comments: