Monday, December 26, 2005

It’s a scary drive back home

Friday, I reached another chapter in my life. I’ve never could imagine myself driving in a heavy rain and foggy environment along the East West Highway. Driving back from Penang to Kelantan with my sisters and a friend, I feel like entering into a white zone. I can barely see the road and only rely on the middle divider line as my guide. The visibility was so bad. The farthest that I can see is about two meters ahead. The road condition that deteriorates over the raining season makes the situation worse. I hit the deep holes on the road few times. Sometimes, I try to avoid the hole in the middle of the road only to end up going into the one on the left. My heart seems to stop every time the tyre hit the hole. Poor baby. The meter barely touches 80km/hour. The winding road seems like an endless journey. I keep praying that I won’t hit anybody or being hit by somebody. I can see landslides at some stretches and that scares me.

Normally, it took me one and a half hour driving through that stretch but this time it took me longer than that, I think about three hours. What matter most was we reached home safe. I wish that I’d never have to go through that experience. Once is enough for me. The whole experience about driving during heavy rain in a deep fog along a winding and bad road teaches me to be tough. That’s what I call a challenging ride and I survived it.


No comments: