Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My first ticket

I got my first ticket on Saturday in Terengganu for “overtaking on the long white line”. Well, actually it was not really it. I was overtaking the lorry after trying unsuccessfully for about 20 minutes. When I was doing it, I was still on the dotted line but by the time I crossed the lorry, I ended up on the double line. And there was the traffic police sitting under the hut. I knew what’s going to happen next.

He waived me over and I stopped. Well, what more can I say. I’ve got a ticket. I felt nothing but slightly irritated because of the whole situation. I did not say much and just let him does his work. I thought he’s going to say “I’ll give you a ticket because of speeding”. Thank God, it was just one offence else dad will give his sermon.

What a day… One ticket and I’m RM200 poorer. Hopefully this is last one.

No comments: