Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Buying my first TV

I’ve been renting a place in Penang for almost three years now and most of the stuffs in the house are shared. At the early years, I bought the fridge and never really bother about other things as my housemate has almost everything including TV. Even though it is just a 21 inch CTV, it was good enough for me as I never really spend time watching it much except for news at night and during the weekend.

Things took a turn for the last few months when my housemate keep the TV set in her room. Well, it is partly because there is no more couch in the living room so she wanted to lounge on her bed while watching it. I don’t mind that much but what mom said about the whole situation bother me. In her opinion, when people are staying in the same house, they should at least share some of the stuffs. To me, it was not really a big deal. Although she’s using my fridge, my stove and microwave and most of the time eats the food that I bought, I’m still trying to be positive and nice. Anyway, I’d already survive for few years in Bristol without TV, so what make this situation any difference.

Mom suggested that I buy a small TV and keep it in my room. Now, I just rely on my computer for source of entertainment. Yeah.. You’ve got it. I bought VCDs and DVDs and watch in my room. For me, this is enough but Mom doesn’t think so. This weekend I’ve been to a few shops looking for TV and comparing prices from one shop to another. I’ve my eyes set for a 29 inch flat screen TV and I’d narrowed it down to Sony Wega and Panasonic. Both looks good and is set to make me poor by RM1009. I know that SONY is good for entertainment products but I’m afraid of its compatibility with other company’s peripherals. Theirs might not match. I saw the difference in picture quality when the salesman turns on the program. The picture looks better compared to others so I might go for this one.



No comments: