Monday, June 05, 2006

I don’t know why I did it….

I usually see advert in the newspaper calling for homemakers to do various odd jobs such as assembling things and mailing stuffs for a certain company. I tried one or two previously and ended up cheated of my money. I feel so stupid and betrayed because of that and stopped trying after being cheated twice.

Last month, I saw an interesting advert of assembling toys at home. I respond to the ads and was asked to send in RM85 to get the particulars. I didn’t think much and paid for it. I’ve got the packet last week. This company asked me to pay RM300 for the license registration and promised to send me the first kit after I’d signed the dotted line.

You might say that I’m stupid to part with my money like that after all I’ve been through, but I’m curious. I wanted to know if this company is legitimate and can offer me something that I can do during my free time. It does not pay a lot, RM15 per completed toy after I’d been accepted to become the assembler. Well, I could do with the extra money and I hope that this time it is not a con scheme.

I’d replied to the company. I’m hoping that they will send the kit by next week. The toys on the particulars are robotic stuffs. I think I could do that. Don’t ask me why I did this as I don’t have answer to it. My normal job gave me enough money to survive and I also stashed some for emergencies. So I guess, I did this out of curiosity. The additional pay is just a bonus and I could use it to pay for some items that I’ve been eying for months.

Well, before I started dreaming of anything, I’m just praying that I’ll get the value for the money that I paid. Pray hard that it is not a ripped off.

No comments: