Monday, June 05, 2006

K Chik’s is graduating soon.

Last Thursday was Kak Chik’s last paper and it marked the end of her final exam. I’m glad that she sailed through smoothly amid some hiccups in her second year. I hope she’ll score in this exam. This exam will determine if she’ll graduate with first or second class degree.

This entire saga reminded me of my study years. It still amazed me how those stuffs that took three to four years to learn were judged in a 2-week final exam. After all the hardship, I came back with a scroll and now I’m in my third year working in Agilent. Time flies so fast and now it’s K Chik’s turn to cut it.

On Monday, she’ll have her final year project presentation and she’s just got the phone call from the graduate office for interview on the Masters on Wednesday. That phone call rattled her cage but I asked her to try to be calm and concentrate on the presentation first. Well, I know that it is easier said than done but someone had to say something.

She’s hoping to do her Masters in July and I envy her because she’s given that opportunity fast. I dream of doing my Masters as well but I also have commitment and it is not easy for me to let go. Furthermore, I love my job and I cannot see myself letting it go, at least not for now.

We’ve a talk and K Chik suggested that I tried the part time Master program. It sound good but I need to get some money to pay for the study. I think I’d have to fork out RM3000 for the first semester and RM2000 for the next subsequent semester. It’s a big step and I don’t know if I’m ready for it. I really want to do it and complete my education. The application date for the June intake will end on 6th June. I don’t think I can get enough funding for this one by that date. Maybe I’ll wait for the next intake. Mama is being supportive and I hope that this path is the right one for me.

No comments: