Thursday, March 02, 2006

Know yourself

I was reading an article in Life and Times by NST yesterday that I feel close to my hearts. It said that tolerance is the capacity to go beyond the superficial things that divide us. It is the results of turning within and coming to know the self. How true could that be??? So, if I can deal wit my own ego, then my anger can be resolved. Hmmmm…
With ego out of the way, I will be able to handle anything.

It will also be a good start by introducing positive words to the mind. For example instead of “I should be understood”, I should use “I should understand”. What is needed is humility, the quality that makes one ignorant of any credit or acknowledgement for the self. I think, only when I have learnt to value others as my equals, can I be said to be truly humble. Maybe I would be wiser if I can step away from my own feelings and opinions and genuinely listen to the experience of others. I know it is not easy to do but I will try. Sometimes I just need somebody to listen to my story. Just listen, and that is all I need.

No comments: