Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Enjoying your cuppa?

Today is the second day of Ramadhan and I've been fasting religously *sigh*.
There is one thing that I've always miss during the fasting season... a cup of hot aromatic coffee... **drooling**..' You can tell that I've been skipping my caffein fixes for two days now. Any reverse effect? Oh yes... I feel grumpy and I cannot stare at the coffee machine without imagining myself sipping the black elixir. Ummmm...

People said that you can tell a lot abt a person personality by observing his/her relationship with a coffee... I know what you are thingking , " no wonder you are such a freak".

The coffee personality are divided into few categories ... the addict, the snob, the binge drinker, etc... maybe there is more to that list but these are what I usually come across.

The addict - An addict will guzzle hot coffee like it’s is his\her last drink – the esophagus is a tube of seared scar tissue. His\Her only concern is to get the brew down the pipe ASAP. Sound familiar??

The coffe snob - The Coffee Snob is driven by compulsion in the pursuit of "the perfect cup of coffee.". I've met one of this type and Lord mercy, he embarassed me with all his 'know how' when I brought him to my favourite coffee joint

The binge drinker - the binge drinker makes up for his/her coffee abstention throughout the school semester by drinking java by the big barrel during midterms and finals. I went through this cycle few times expecially during my finals . Well, it's definitely worth it.

So which one is me? I think I'm a cofee addict even though it is not so bad now. I still drink few cups a day but have to tone it down a lot during Ramadhan and I'll tell you that it is not easy. I'd like to think of it as one of the sacrifices that I made for myself during Ramadhan.
Why do I even consider myself an addict? Well, maybe because I choose coffee-flavored sweets over fruit flavoured one. Or maybe it because I'll start salivating everytime I wallked pass the coffee machine in my office. I'll have headache when I did not get my fix for the day. So, I think it is true that I'm addicted... to coffee.

There are a few personal reason why I enjoy my coffee so much. To those who hate coffee... listen but don't take it personally :)

1) It is one of the thing that wake me up and keep me awake during the day. The smell of brewing coffee in the morning open up my eyes a bit faster..

2) It is one of the line that people always use to get to know others .. "wanna go for coffee?" it always work as a first invitation

3) Coffee is an ideal conversation starter or the ideal thing to have while you are having a discussion. What a better way to get to know someone by discussing favorite drinks or buying a cup for a person that sit beside you in the office... Coffee does say a lot about someone...hehehhe

4) Whatever your mood, you can complement coffees to make your experience complete...

5) A little indulgence for the day I'd say. People are not looking for coffee with dessert... they want coffee for dessert! The rich, delectably fragrant and guilt-free indulgences are heaven when you teamed it up with a nice gooey chocolaties brownies.. talk about heaven on earth

Anyway, I'm heading for my caffeine fix now. It's already 9.30pm but I cannot stop thinking about it. So, I'll indulge myself with the warmth feeling of my mug of coffee...ummmm..nice

No comments: