Thursday, October 13, 2005

Narita, Tokyo 13th October

I’ve just landed in Tokyo Narita after a grueling 11 hours journey. Lord Almighty, I was starving in the plane. I stayed put until the breaking fast time and tell you what, I followed US time…. Why??? Because I don’t know what the ground time was and I was just so tired. I think Tokyo is already on 13th today so I’m already on different day. It is not easy trapped in the cabin with all the food surrounding you but I somehow managed it. I hope my fasting today will be accepted. I’ve been truthful to myself as I struggled to hold myself until the time come. A big milestone achieved as I know it is not easy to fast during the long hour flight. I felt terribly thirsty and have a headache as I think my glucose level is getting low. It doesn’t help that I cannot sleep during flight and I keep looking at the watch and dreading as the it ticked away slowly. My trusted energy bar was tucked away in the backpack just in case I cannot stand it anymore.

The food that they served was awful. Mashed potato Arabic style, with lots of cumin. Yuckie..but I managed to down few tablespoons until my mouth cannot accept anymore. After that I just sticked to fruits, some snacks and Tostitos that they served. I hope the food for the Singapore flight later will be much nicer.

My connecting flight to Singapore is about 3 hours away and I’m damned exhausted. I’m bored and have nothing to read anymore. I’d finished one book during the flight earlier on. I thought I’d never done it but I did and now I’m left with nothing to read as I’d packed my other book into the luggage to Penang. Maybe I should buy a magazine from the Travel kiosk. Could be useful in keeping my mind off the long flight later.

I’m yearning for a hot shower and a nice sleep. I cannot really sleep in the flight just now and my eyes are already red and I’ll try to keep them open so that I can have my much needed sleep in Changi. I think the time right now is equivalent to 12am in Santa Rosa and it is my sleep time. My back hurts as I’ve been lugging my laptop and backpack. What a pleasure to have somebody massaging it. Hehehehe…. Dream on.

I saw some nice sushi bars around this area and I’m intending to get my hand on some of it. Unagi style in a glistening thick shoyu, basted with some honey ….. Yummieee…. They also have some sushi with squid and some sashimi that looks really nice to me. I’ve some spare dollars in my pocket and I think it will be more than enough for it. This will end my craving for the day and also burn a hole in my pocket…. Never mind, I’ll claim it later.

I’ve been playing “Kau Ilhamku” by Manbai few times while weighing my choice and it really sounds nice and soothing to my fatigued mind and it has a deep soulful meaning that I always like. Today’s long flight brings back fragmented memory of my journey back to Malaysia from Heathrow. Something that I cannot break free. Lonely and feeling bored. I wish I’ve somebody that I can talk to. I’ve turned into that unfriendly, guarded character when I’m alone and outside of my comfort zone. I think that is what they call survival mode and I trusted my instinct better at this time. My instinct is telling me to go to that sushi bar and buy some sushi for my dinner and I think my stomach really applauds that choice. Hmm… I hope they have some nice selection for me to try this time around. Let’s go and eat something.

No comments: